Soccer on Thursday was outstanding. I just needed one good nutmeg and my confidence shot up, which had great timing because the coach came down to watch about then. I played right wing and that was exhausting, but looks like I can make a space for myself there. The speed of play is really great, and it is a great learning experience. What really saves me though, is my younger legs-I’m just a little quicker. Next weekend we’ll have our first matches. Also, if you didn’t see Rooney score against City, check that out. Most class act bike ever. So exciting!
I’ve explored the massive sports facilities here a bit more too. Good pool as I said, but also hot tubs, saunas, and a tepidarium which is awesome. All of these places are dark and also have little LED constellations on the ceiling. So relaxing.
We also ran across the archery club. This is the type of club I was looking for. You pay and you just walk in and start shooting and getting help, and they have all kinds of bows. I’m joining on Monday.
I just made my second big batch of casserole, and was definitely more efficient this time. Tastes better too. Yum.I got a little homesick yesterday and unfortunately it meant I went out and didn’t have a blast. I could tell I was in a mood, so I took it all easy. Unfortunate because the club would’ve been great, 5 floors, 4 bars, 3 DJs, 2 live bands, 1 good time as the signs said. One of the bands was awesome. Most people in the group seemed to be in a slightly depressed mood though, so maybe it was the moon or something, or maybe just a long week. I’m going with the last one because today I feel a little sick for the first time too. I guess there’s no big thing missing a weekend. There are many more, and the week is great too.
Since I am staying in I’m taking care of some business. I still need to refigure my classes, I’m going to plan a few trips, and cook and clean some more. I also want- not need- to study. One half of my chemistry course is quantum mechanics. I’m not sure I’ve ever been so excited. The professor is like an Irish James Bond too. Legit. It’s very cool stuff, and exciting to hear that I can move beyond all of the old physics that I didn’t like and hear it referenced from a more chemical perspective.
No comments:
Post a Comment