Today was beautiful (Thursday). Opened the doors and windows of the living room and read in the sunlight and fresh air. It was t-shirt weather today. I wish I would’ve known in advance as I would’ve skipped and done a walking trip somewhere. Oh well, Sean got a vortex nerf football so we threw that around all afternoon.
I have had freaky freaky dreams lately. I think its because of all the drunk people I hear in the night. Their thoughts enter my brain and remind me of random stuff. They aren’t scary dreams, just thrilling and kind of exhausting like battling muppet monsters on my old front porch like.
One of the reasons I’ve been anxious got solved today. This Jewish girl I live with has just been fuming for like the last few weeks. I get scowled at all the time. She just despises me. Well, my other roommates, all of whom had been here with her for awhile before I got here hang out with her, so I thought they might be mad at me too, just more polite. Well, she freaked out today. She woke up at 7 and made the most vicious cleaning noises ever. Such a racket and when I got back at noon there was a note demanding a house meeting on Sunday and mandatory house clean. I laughed and got pissed because I’m tired of being threatened, but decided to nap. Well, she came back, and I could hear her calling her mother talking trash and saying she can’t live like this on the verge of tears. I just didn’t get it. The apartment is in the same state as when I got here, and it’s in a very clean state. So I was rudely awoken and went out to write a note. I was extra polite when she walked in and started talking to me. I asked to talk later because I was clearing my head about all this and I thought the conversation would be better when we were calm. She kept talking, and I kept more or less ignoring her. She storms out, says I’m the worst person she’s ever met, and calls me a jackass.
Well, Luke, another roommate walks by her coming back. He comes in and says that girl is crazy and some other stuff, and Luke is a super nice guy. So now I know Amanda is the odd one out, not me, and he and Paige aren’t upset with me, at all, and thinks she’s nuts. So I feel safer now.
Last night we went to the palace and it was sick. Red Bull sponsored party. Everyone was nuts. First truly solid dance experience. Walked for so long and this Aussie girl kept wanting a piggy back ride, so all us guys got turned into mules for a half mile.
Today (Friday) was Ireland’s National Election
So I kind of got into this discussion with Grandmum, but here’s an interesting article to the effect. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703803904576152422920009948.html/ Looks like it’s going to get worse too. I haven’t met a single person with optimism, not the happy people in Kenmare, not the family in Offaly, not the people downtown in Dublin. They still don’t seem bothered by the future. My Internation Political Econ teacher, who just seems like a mental stud and is real into it all and generally a cheerful guy, said he voted randomly because it didn’t matter and almost didn’t vote at all. I guess Ireland had a good run....hope it gets back on top. I asked the soccer guys what was up with the election and they said who knows, we’re screwed anyway, and at least 5 or 6 said they were seriously leaving the country.
Speaking of soccer, we had our first game today!!! Except I didn’t get to play and it hailed on us. But wait, the story has a very sunny ending. First we were down 2-0 and came back in the last 30min to win 3-2 on my US friend Matt’s assist (he got in in the last 10). So that was awesome, but I left disappointed especially since some friends came. But I guess I didn’t play because I’ve shown well enough to play for the Sunday team which is the higher level cup team. So, Sunday morning, woke up early for an away game in far south Dublin. The field was god awful, top 5 worst I’ve ever played on, just a muddy bumpy pit. I subbed in with 25 left at winger. Man, I was winded by the end. We did so well while I was in. I didn’t lose the ball, had some good throughs, and had a great nutmeg. The best part of Irish muddy soccer is the slide tackling. Man I missed that. We got up 2-1. But…in the last 4 minutes, they got a fluke goal, and then there was a completely bull hand ball call, so they won 3-2. Slipped right through our fingers. There is only one ref for these games, and apparently their second goal had a man offside. I couldn’t tell. This is some tough stuff and I heard this level is just two below the Irish premier league. It didn’t look it today because the positions were so bad, but it makes me feel cool.
Had even freakier dreams last night. I can only blame it on passin out to the MATRIX and having spicy food earlier, but I woke up in a sweat several times and kept getting deathly ill and having inescapable hallucinations INSIDE of the dreams. Messed up. Hopefully no repeat tonight.
Finally, cool biology. Sitting down, rotate your right foot clockwise and while continuing the motion, draw the number 6 with your right hand. And HOOOORAY for the Missouri State Bears!!!
1 comment:
Sweet to hear about your soccer games Will, keep ballin.
Post a Comment