Wazzzaaaaa?!!!??!?!
It’s RAG week, so the campus is hitting another level. Last night was Toxic Tuesday at nuBar on campus. Normally you have to wait like 5 minutes in line to get in. Well, we got there later and people were walking away because the line was like a mile long. And Garda everywhere. Don’t worry, we just hopped the fence. And got caught. And then tried again, running into the maddening crowd before they could move to us. Bonus. And it was so worth it. Crack show. Today the fine ladies of Red Bull were here. Ten 6’2 model thin blondes dressed like stewardesses. My noon class had guys running in an out of the lecture hall stocking up on Red Bull. There was a redbull army too. Three hum-vees, like ten of those little redbull roadsters, and practically a mobile DJ tank. Mall was bumpin all day.
Best news of all though is the 100th Red Bull Flug Tag is in Dublin in May and you can enter the contest for free! If you don’t what this awesome day is, I’ll educate you. Flug Tag is a competition where all sorts of people build craft that cannot be powered and see how long using human strength the craft can fly after it’s pushed off into the harbor. But you also get scored on fun. So you get people doing artsy stuff like flying pigs, and you get time to do a pre-launch performance and this goes on all day along with hundreds of thousands of drunks from all over Europe coming in a partying. Cash prizes etc. too. You may have seen the commercials on ESPN. I’m thinking about building a flying banker and renting a tux with friends.
Tonight was the RAG Ball. Significantly harder to sneak into, expensive, and sold out. Bummer. Oh well, I guess I won’t get to hang out with the V.I.P. himself, Vanilla Ice. Haha. The campus was in an uproar that Vanilla Ice was the chosen special guest. Lots of complaining. I need to prepare for two tutorials tomorrow anyway.
I think I’m getting sick. There has been a strep like virus going around. About half my friends have gotten it so far. I should be next, and my throat feels scratchy and like it’s getting swollen. I hope not, because the plan is to go to Belfast this weekend.
Also, I’d heard lots about St. Patty’s day not being big here. But it sounds huge. Major plus and I get to share it with friends from home coming over.
No comments:
Post a Comment