Thursday, February 17, 2011

What's new? Not much...

So I started to go out tonight. I went and hung our for the pre-party, I was ready to go to Krash, which is a fun place, but you know? It's not that special. It's not that different from stuff I've done before, so no I'm not going to go drop an extra 15euro to do that. nuBar here is cheap, so I'll keep that up, but I have better plans. 1) save money for Kenmare this weekend. 2) save money for the canary islands at the end of March, 3) save money for the caving trips.

What are the caving trips? A just question. I joined the DCU Cavers Club. Why? Because it's only 2euro, the people are very odd and super interesting, I'm gettin professional caver training, rock climbing training etc, and I get to practice for free once a week and go on sweet cave diving trips in mid-March, early and late April. Yooo. Now i just need a pair of cheap nylon pants. Experiences on a budget and decent exercise.

I had been having trouble sleeping lately. All the partying I had been doing wasn't killing my budget, but was unsustainable and put a good enough dent that I just had to say stop to relieve stress. I don't know where everyone else gets their money, but I just don't have it. I've never felt so responsible and lame, but hey, I got other things I can do. Usually I can just put it on the credit card and work hard later, but not here.

Soccer on Tuesday was great for the most part. I don't think I've ever enjoyed or gotten so much out of fitness and playing. Good 9v9 games, 3 teams, team on sidelines does fitness for 11 minutes. So between that and playing winger I'm spent after a few games. First, i'm getting much more confident on the ball and just doing better things with it. A lot more "good Will!"s. Second, you beat the Irish by doing the dumbest thing you can think of with the ball. It's ballsy, I know, but they just aren't catching on. I remember this guy from Jewell who left just use to do these really casual 270degree turns and burn people because it looked so stupid. Well stuff like this works. Play a square ball right within three defenders reach, they'll go blind. Receive, turn around and then quickly finish the rotation. Maybe lazy thinking is a key ingredient in star powered spontaneous offense. Anyway...the thing I don't like is the fenced in fields. The fences hurt. I think my knee cap almost ripped off.

What else can I say of the Irish...? The kids here seem sooooo similar to American kids. Humor, dress. I'm really only noticing small things. One, for every modern song played here, there is a 90's remix of Venga Boys, or Bloodhound Gang, or a throw back to Summer of 69. Two, no one grinds here. Even the Australians think its weird and they're keen for everything! It's like they enforce the ruler rule here. It just makes for awkward eyes closed dancing if you ask me. They don't have style, and the guys aren't leading or anything. Lots of fist pumps from the guys and toe extension/hair flopping from the girls. Three, everyone has duffel bags...what's up with that?

Still excited for Kenmare. Might see Dingle, pops, but that's pretty touristy now too(it was featured in a recent romance movie call Love Actually). I guess the traditional Irish dance thing we're going to is like a hoedown, so ya....that should be interesting. Doing well in classes. Found a piano with a great touch. Planning on finding Nessie in Loch Ness with Shelby. Seeing when I can visit Fox in Spain. Not much else to say, just livin life in Dublin.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not love actually! It was Leap Year! :)