Monday, April 11, 2011

Breakfast Sludge

First the part of class I did listen to is worthy of concept of the day. Gemeinschaft. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemeinschaft_and_Gesellschaft

I’m chillin here on a huge caffeine buzz. Started making this breakfast sludge of coffee, tea, hot chocolate, wheatbisk, milk and it rocks!!!! Got out of my culture class early today, thank God. I want to offer a glimpse at what I did all class, takin straight from my notes. Padraig, if you were at all interesting to listen to, I wouldn’t have had this opportunity. And for the record, everyone in my class is NUTZ. When you read the following, you will further appreciate how NUTZ they must be by comparison.

Today is the day the burka ban took effect in France. I have too many feelings on this issue, and so I have none to report. In honor of this instant distraction from class, as well as an old book about daydreaming, I present to you my list of 22 Everyday Creative Activities for the Modern Man, and yes, specific to men. Girls can partake if they wish. Why 22? Because 22 is half of 42, and 42 is the meaning of life. (just go with it).

1. Make a playlist and share on the internet
2. Write a song or poem
3. Make a list of your favorite words and phrases, things you would consider for tattoos
4. Fog up the window. Express yourself.
5. Walk with a song in your head. Mumble, and have a light groove to your pace
6. Make a random line in your notes. Wait. Take it from there and draw something.
7. Table top beats
8. Draw on your #2 pencil
9. At a restaurant. Demand the kids menu and crayons, or that your tablecloth be paper. Go!
10. Sit in your car while it rains. Find a song to match/harmonize the rain rhythm and sound.
11. On windy day, set chairs facing the wind with friends. Imagine you’re on a rollercoaster.
12. Dress up super goofy for pick-up game. Play tips in underwear to show you don’t care.
13. Spend the night in a bar and see how long you can consistently act like a made-up person.
14. Record an honest conversation with yourself. 3rd person style is encouraged.
15. At work, grab scrap material. Begin to carve. Add sharpie or paint later.
16. Cooking. You love to eat. Make your own meal and recipe.
17. Operate your facebook/blog with authoritarian like control. Pose for photos, remove tags.
18. Make an album cover. http://www.darknet.com/2008/01/diy-random-cd-c.html
19. Make a list of crap you think is worth reading.
20. Take a free art class. Pretend to know the words to every Snow Patrol Song.
21. Establish a ridiculous problem. Spend a ridiculous amount of time solving it.
22. Think of your love for StumbleUpon.com, your appreciation for humanity. Lose control.

There you have it.

More random thoughts. Fern Gully, Pocahontas, and Avatar are nearly identical in theme and plot. Is it concerning that the presentation of this story has become increasingly militant over time? Consider the main man and woman in each movie, what they look like, their behavior, and the culture they represent.

Finally, I cannot understand something about myself. I don’t like Kansas. Pretty much every time I’m there I dislike my experience. But when I’m missing home, the image that comes into my head is of a Kansas sunset. What the heck?

No comments: