I wrote this blog before I left but forgot to post it. It’s the rest of the weekend before my final.
Made my first 8tracks mix online. already have a bunch of likes and followers. check it out.
http://8tracks.com/0will0/0will0-s-chill-cycle
Chillin, should be finishing studies for my final tomorrow. Gotta take a break though.
You’re A Fat Granny Shagger!!! Fat Granny Shaggerrrrrererrrr! Go on Liverpool! I cannot wait to see a game with Alan.
Moate is a really pleasant little strip of town. This time Enda’s family was there too. Everyone takes care and really tries to bring me in. Can’t say enough thanks guys (to all you Irish reading this). I don’t mind the unnecessary attention, and care, though it is unnecessary. Alan really made me feel better about my new guy situation, indirectly. Just talking with him made everything smoother I think, maybe it’s because he’s visiting, but I also think we’re a bit more alike.
Here’s what I’ll say about the obvious bonding issue. It’s partially me just having not hung out with them over the years. But I mean, I forget that they’re all individuals too. They all have just learned to mesh so much that I feel like they’re all one giant fun blob. And I don’t want to say this like I’m putting blame on myself, no blame goes to anyone. But without thinking about it I have put something extra on all of them individually that has an inspiration from the group, and is thus partially true, but isn’t fair and burdens the one on one relationships, the one on one conversations, and thereby, the bonding with the group.
It’s kind of strange too, because Darren, Paul, Steve these younger guys are just like my friends from home. And now that I think about it, we probably seem pretty prohibitive as a group back home. I mean, I really am this new guy that by blood they’re obligated to get to know and entertain. I got comfortable later on and called Darren a wank, and he laughed and said, no you’re the wank. He didn’t mean anything by it and it wasn’t weird, just part of the flow, but later on I thought about what a wank I must seem(if for no other reason, probably just for saying wank).
I had failed to communicate to Maureen that I wasn’t staying because of my test, so everyone thought I was staying the night, so when I left with Babs to grab my bag before I caught the bus, everyone thought I was having a drab time and making an emergency exit. Really I was coming back for a couple more hours. It was just the half time of the Ireland Macedonia match. I came back and I could tell some were wondering where I was, others upset I was upset. My bad guys. It feels cool to have people worry about you though. Well, looked like the real fun was just kicking off when I left. Anyway, that’s what I have to say about that for now, I’ll be back before you know it guys.
Sat next to Nan for the christening. Since she’s got to be the most Catholic, but doesn’t judge me, it’s a really great experience. The Priest again seemed unprofessional. No wonder the church is dying. I’ve seen accountants with more pep and hooligans be more professional. Take some pride in your work. I know you don’t have that much to do today. So memorize the three friggin names you have to know and if you’re going to read off a script, at least make it flow so we’ll believe you can read. OK, it wasn’t that bad. I’m just picky about presentation I guess.
Well, I messed up big time. I prepared all week for my final in Quantum Mechanics. I was ready to go. I got to the room 30 minutes early to chill and study and eat a bite. Well, people were inside testing, so I though, it’s a nice day, I’ll go outside and eat relax and hit the notes again. Well, went back in at 10:55(my time) and they were still testing. So I signaled the exam professor at the door. We quickly figured out I was in the right place, just an hour late!!! OMG I messed up bad. I didn’t know it was happening. Nan had texted me Sunday morning and said “don’t forget to put your clock on today.” Now I know what she meant….
Ok, it’s not the end of the world. I will get to retake the exam if I fail, which I would bet I did. Just a pain in the butt because I put a whole solid week into this. Maybe I will have done well enough to pass anyway (still hard to pass a test over here, it’s like getting a C+ or better I’d say).
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment