Had a match against Whitechurch FC today. This place was in the councils (as in city housing). Pulled up, there is trash everywhere, no nets, glass everywhere, a big burnt patch in the middle of the field with a burnt little kids bike in the middle, condoms, a good smattering of dog poop. Well, by the time the game started some groundsmen had cleared up the big stuff and put up nets, but there was no way I was slide tackling anyone today. On the bright side, it was an absolutely beautiful day and every plant and flower has just exploded with fragrance and color. I think everyone from this little area came out to watch the game and have a beer the day was so grand, so it was a cool community experience. Good view of southern Dublin from the pitch as well. If the field had been better, I would have been that close to heaven.
Yesterday I went with a group of people studying in Spain on the Guinness tour. So many people get the pint and then don’t drink it, lucky me, didn't have to eat dinner. I must say, I poured an outstanding pint, a drop more would have spilled taking it to my seat, and the head was a work of art. Got some good city walks in throughout the day, just strolled and enjoyed the air and meeting people. Once again glad I don't have an Ipod, though it seems like everyone else in this city has something in their ear. I really love taking the bus as well. I understand why people drive cars. Plenty of bonuses with that. But I really like public transportation. Anyway...
Next weekend I am lucky to be able to go back to Kenmare with Niamh (pronounced Neeve). It's me and the two other guys that went before. We will be going out to Skelligs Rock. Please check it out on this website, I am so excited. http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/757
We will hopefully also spend a good part of the day fishing. Fantastic.
Then, on Easter weekend I'm going back to see Nan and the family to see some of the historical family sites. Excited for that as well. Dad, if you read this, coordinate with someone to get on skype that weekend.
Family near and far, I love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment